Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kate's half-assed recipes

I've had a couple of requests for the recipes for the chocolate chocolate-chip and cranberry-orange shortbread cookies I brought to the cookie swap. The chocolate chocolate-chip ones are called Korova cookies and came from the Dessert First blog who adapted the recipe from Dorie Greenspan's Paris Sweets. Unfortunately I can't remember what recipe I used for the cranberry-orange, which is too bad because I'd like to make them again....I took some standard shortbread recipe (it didn't use cornstarch or powdered sugar, just the basic flour and granulated sugar--I remember that much!) and added the zest of one orange and about 1/2 C of chopped up dried cranberries.

I have a bad habit of forgetting what recipe I used. Earlier this year I made some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies that we all agreed were the best I've ever made. Unfortunately I remember eating them better than where I found the recipe because since then I've made 3 inferior batches from 3 different peanut butter cookie recipes. Sigh. I live in hope of someday finding it again (and writing it down!)

No comments: