Monday, January 26, 2009
1. Squeeze the juice of three lime slices into a glass. Drop slices into glass as well.
2. Add 7-9 fresh mint leaves and one ounce of simple syrup (recipe follows).
3. Using a muddler, give the mint leaves and the lime slices a few good smashes and twists.
4. Add crushed ice to the glass, filling 3/4 of the way to the top. Pour in one ounce (or more if you need it) of white rum. Add in club soda to fill the glass.
5. Stir, drink, repeat as necessary.
In a small saucepan, combine one cup sugar and one cup water. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. No need to boil. Remove from heat and refrigerate syrup until ready to use.
Posted by Alex Harrison at 7:17 AM